Stetson University's Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) maintains and supports the University's enterprise information and reporting system (Ellucian's Banner) for all users, departments, and functional areas. Reporting directly to the Director of Enterprise Information Systems, the Systems Analyst and Database Administrator will primarily be responsible to work with enterprise software applications, databases, application servers, program software, and associated database applications; document software and install software to meet the user requirements; develop web and database applications; track projects, requests and source control; track and solve routine work requests; maintain version control of program code.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Extensive experience trouble-shooting, designing, customizing, and implementing software in a 24/7 production environment, including design of custom forms, software tools, web applications, and custom reports. Strong communication, training, and problem solving skills, with ability to rapidly master new computing technologies. In addition to technical skills, the following are required: excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; excellent organizational skills and attention to details; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administration, faculty, staff, and students; high energy level; ability to accept challenges and display self-initiative and motivation.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
Oracle certification, and experience with Groovy/Grails strongly preferred. Experience in a higher education environment, using Ellucian Banner preferred. Experience working with reporting tools like ARGOS, data warehouses, operational data stores, and ETL processes preferred.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
The Systems Analyst/Database Administrator is responsible for:
- Work with enterprise software applications, program software, associated databases and database applications.
- Document software and install software to meet the user requirements.
- Develop web-based and database applications.
- Track projects, requests and source control.
- Maintain version control of custom and in-house program code.
- Requires some physical effort such as standing, walking, frequent light lifting (5-20 lb.), and manual dexterity in the operation of equipment; may require extended periods of time at a keyboard and CRT screen.
- Performs other site and position specific functions as assigned.
- May also require work hours outside the normal University schedule.
Routine Duties and Responsibilities: Included above.