Job TitleAdjunct History Instructor
LocationYuba College - Marysville, CA.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The person selected will be expected to organize and teach classes including but not limited to the following: U.S. History and an area of specialization – such as Western Civilization/European History, or African-American History, or Asian-American History, or Latin American/Mexican – American History or American Women’s History, or Rural History, etc. and to develop programs in conjunction with other historians. Evening and off-campus instruction will be part of the contract. Possible assignment may include Distance Learning (TV) and on-line courses.
Essential Duties Summary
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION: The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in History at California Community Colleges:
• Possess a Master’s Degree in History; OR
• Bachelor’s in History AND Master’s in political science, humanities, geography, area studies, women’s studies, social science, or ethnic studies; OR
• The equivalent; OR
• Possess a California Community College life credential in the subject matter area of History.
• Must have competency in all areas of applied business technology courses normally taught in a community college or in the first two years of a university
• Must be flexible in the acceptance of new and changing teaching assignments.
• Must have the ability not only to adjust teaching skills to meet varying needs of the community and changing student interests but must also have the ability to organize and implement programs to meet these needs.
Preference may be given to candidates with life or teaching which would demonstrate the clear ability to teach History to community college students.
Range/StepStep 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary Range$47.07 – $78.42/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Online Academic Application, resume, transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a cover letter/letter of interest.
EQUIVALENCY: If you do not meet the specific degree requirements for an instructor in the discipline required, you may request equivalency before the final filing date. There are three (3) forms that you will need to download from the HR web site under FORMS, it is titled: Equivalency Determination Application, Statement, and Procedure – the information requested is required of all candidates not holding the stated minimum qualifications who are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency.