Position TitleFaculty Part Time - Information and Engineering Technology - Electronics 072016
DepartmentSciences, Technology, Engineering & Math
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary Commensurate with Degree
Job Description Summary
Faculty Part-Time, Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future part-time openings. Salary commensurate with degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Teaching experience at the college or high school level in the area of concentration, or significant professional experience relevant to the teaching area.
- Cisco CCNA certification.
CRITERIA:The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process.
- Extent of specific knowledge of and experience teaching and/or working with Cisco CCNA-level networking.
- Extent of relevant industry certifications, such as CCNA, CCNP, etc.
- Extent and relevance of educational preparation to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Extent and relevance of teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignments, including teaching within the Cisco Networking Academy Program.
- Extent and relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Evidence of quality teaching, including faculty evaluation scores and rating, teaching awards earned, courses designed, developed, and/or revised, etc.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Official transcripts of academic work are required upon an offer of employment.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Ability to teach day, evening, or weekend classes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a cover letter of interest, a detailed resume/cv listing qualifications and experience. Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview may be asked to do a teaching demonstration.