Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to Orange County.
- Provide instruction in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member.
- Teach all scheduled classes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Assignments may include day, evening, weekend, on-line and/or off-campus classes.
a. For service as a community college counselor of students with disabilities shall be satisfied by meeting one of the following requirements:
1. Master's degree, or equivalent foreign degree, in rehabilitation counseling.
2. Master's degree, or equivalent foreign degree in special education AND twenty four or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology, or social work.
3. Master's degree in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology, career development, or social welfare AND either twelve or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work specifically in counseling or rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities or two years of full-time experience, or the equivalent, in one or more of the following:
- Counseling or guidance for students with disabilities.
- Counseling and/or guidance in industry, government, public agencies, military or private social welfare organizations in which the responsibilities of the position were predominantly or exclusively for persons with disabilities.
b. For service as a community college faculty member teaching a credit course in adapted physical education shall be the minimum qualifications for an instructor of credit physical education, and fifteen semester units of upper division or graduate study in adapted physical education.
c. For service to work with students with speech and language disabilities shall be satisfied by meeting the following requirements:
1. Possession of a masters degree, or equivalent foreign degree, in speech pathology and audiology, or communication disorders.
2. Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a speech pathologist or audiologist by the Medical Board of California.
d. Except as provided in Subsections (a) through (c) above, the minimum requirements for service as a community college faculty member to provide credit specialized instruction for students with disabilities shall be satisfied by meeting the following requirements:
1. Possession of a master's degree, or equivalent foreign degree, in the category of disability, special education, education, psychology, educational psychology, or rehabilitation counseling.
2. Fifteen semester units of upper division study in the area of disability, to include, but not be limited to:
- Learning disabilities.
- Developmental disabilities.
- Deaf and hearing impaired.
- Physical disabilities.
- Adapted computer technology.
e. For service as a faculty member to provide noncredit specialized instruction for students with disabilities shall be any one of the following:
1. The minimum qualifications for providing credit specialized instruction for students with disabilities as specified in this section.
2.A bachelor's degree with and of the following majors: education of students with specific or multiple disabilities; special education; psychology; physical education with an emphasis in adaptive physical education; communicative disorders; rehabilitation; computer-based education; other related majors which include course work on adapted or assistive computer technology for students with disabilities; other majors related to providing specialized instruction or services to persons with disabilities.
3. An associate degree with one of the majors specified in subparagraph (2) above; and four years of experience providing specialized instruction or services to persons in the disability category or categories being served.
4.For noncredit vocational courses, an associate degree or certificate of training; and four years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught; and two years of experience providing specialized instruction or services to persons in the disability category being served.
Evidence of a sensitivity to, understanding of, and the ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Recent community college or lower division teaching experience.
2. Expertise and professional experience in field of course(s) to be taught.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as needed basis.
We accept part-time faculty applications all year long. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of part-time faculty applications on file, as needed, to fill temporary assignments.
(Applicants will remain in the POOL for two years.)